You may be....

You may be texting/calling her too much if:

• Her response time is consistently slow
• She doesn’t engage you in conversation or latch onto your hooks
• She consistently gives you one-word/super short replies (‘okay’, ‘sure’, ‘yep’, etc.)
She doesn’t initiate text/phone calls.
You’re texting/calling her just enough if:
• She initiates text/phone calls
• She responds to text/phone calls quickly
• She readily engages you in conversation and latches onto your hooks
• She answers your questions

She propels the interaction forward by asking questions of her own.
By keeping these in mind you can keep yourself in check and be aware if you are texting or calling to often. If she seems to stop losing interest take a break from contacting her for a few days, then, try using the principles from the When She Stops Responding – The Re-engaging Text section, or get in touch with her via Facebook using the principles from Using Social Media.

Over the course of the next couple weeks send the occasional text message, if you don’t get a favorable response, it’s time to cut your losses and move on.


My first kiss was a couple of hours ago. It was an end of school party, and we were playing spin the bottle and i got chosen with this guy. But i dont count that as my first kiss because an hour after that, i had the best kiss of my life. My friend was having issues with his girlfriend because she was cheating on him, and he couldn't bring himself to break up with her. I was hugging him partly because of that, and partly because i was afraid i wasn't gonna see him for the rest of the summer. Well, he didn't leave until a couple of hours later :).

I'm not sure how, but we just ended up kissing and i get butterflies whenever i think about it. He was so sweet. It was on the grass at a winery (the girl who had the partys dad owned one) and the sun was just about 2 set. I get chills just thinking about it. - Leb, 12, New York


My first kiss was absolutely amazing. It happened about five days ago. We have been together for about two and a half months, but we are completly in love with eachother. The kiss happened after our eighth grade graduation ceremony. We were both very sad about leaving eachother for summer, and we wanted to have a nice long hug, but we had friends, family, and teachers everywhere. So, we went behind a wall, and we started to hug like we normally do to say goodbye, but it lasted a very long time because we never wanted to leave eachother.

I heard him whisper into my ear, "I love you," and i whispered it back. I felt him kiss my hair, and i lifted up my head to kiss his cheek. Then we both just matched our lips to eachothers. It was so passionate and romantic. I slowly felt his tongue on my lips, and the kiss reached a new level. It all stayed sweet and romantic. He brought his hands up into my hair and then he pulled me into his body tighter. It was the best feeling I've ever had,and I'm so happy it happened with him. - Anonymous, Arizona, 13